So you have just begun living in your brand new home and it feels great to experience pride in ownership for the very first time. Having your own home means various things: de-mucking the gutter, mowing the lawn, but essentially cleaning and maintaining your kitchen appliances frequently. For example, if your dishwasher or refrigerator is not functioning appropriately, you can’t wait for a professional help to fix the issue. Off course, you might be confronted with many complex and bluntly scary-looking appliance parts for the very first time. But believe it or not, keeping all the appliances running seamlessly is not a daunting task.
No matter what your situation is, these simple maintenance tips given below contain information about keeping your appliance clean with basic information about troubleshooting just to nip issues in the bud. So let’s read on…!!!
Revamp Your Refrigerator:
Ensuring that your refrigerator is in top working condition is vital so as to avoid a serious breakdown that can cost you the whole chilled food in your fridge. Here are some things you need to keep in mind.
- Maintain the refrigerator’s gaskets. The gasket is a vinyl strip forming a seal between the doors and the cabinet to keep the appliance functioning effectively and also to extend its durability.
- Check for appropriate airflow passing through the condenser to ensure enduring performance of your fridge. Clean the condenser from time to time.
- Ensure that all the hinge components are properly lubricated and in apt shape.
- Make sure that the hinge components of your refrigerator are in good shape and are properly lubricated.
- If you notice any cracked or broken bins, retainer bars, caps, or shelf, replace it immediately to avoid any further damage.
- Carefully check for any unfamiliar sounds that might come from the evaporator fan motors or condenser fan. Sounds like squealing, buzzing, squeaking, or rattling as these can be signs of an imminent failure.
Dismiss Dishwasher Dilemmas:
This appliance would be deeply missed if it is not able to function properly. Loading the dishwasher properly and having a regular maintenance check done will help you to ensure that a problem doesn’t occur in the long run. Go through the following checklist to make sure you are not manually cleaning the dirty dishes instead doing something more exciting.
- Check the door seal or gasket on the dishwasher for defects or damage and replace if needed.
- Be very careful while loading your dishwasher in order to avoid damaging the racks. The racks are typically built of steel wire and then coated with vinyl material that can get damaged if used roughly.
- Pay attention on the rinse aid dispenser and operation of the detergent.
- Check for unusual sounds like scraping, rattling, grinding noise when the appliance is active. External debris like bone fragments or broken glass that enter the pump can lead to serious damage of filters, seals, and impellers.
Clean your Oven and Range:
- Caked-on food is the main reason for damage to your oven or range. The food that re-burns over and over again with every use leads to damage. Avoid these issues with the help of some tips given below.
- Clean any spills immediately to prevent them from being baked again and difficult to remove.
- When eliminating the drip bowls, take a look at the surface element terminals and see if there are any signs of corrosion or arcing.
- If there are spills on smooth-top ranges, let the surface cool down, then scrape it with a razorblade if required before using any cleaner for smooth-top range surfaces.
- Ensure that you clean the oven before the food soil harms the liner surface.
- Keep the oven door gasket clean.
Now you’re equipped with the knowledge and information you need in order to keep your kitchen well functioned. Do you know the best part of landing on small issues with your appliances? Once you figure out how simply it can be fixed, you shall no longer be daunted by these handyman jobs.